Some Really Good News!
Running is free, you can do it anywhere, and it burns more calories than any other mainstream exercise. According to the Department of Health in their 2004 leaflet, regular running can reduce your risk of chronic illnesses, such as heart disease, type two diabetes and stroke. It can also boost your mood and keep your weight under control. What calories does a 60kg person burn in 30 minutes?
- running (6mph) : 300 calories
- tennis (singles) : 240 calories
- swimming (slow crawl) : 240 calories
- cycling (12-14mph) : 240 calories
- aerobic dancing : 195 calories
- fast walking (4mph) : 150 calories
So there you have it! Running is good for you. But it is even better when you can combine it will a great event aimed at all ages and ability. That is the Thurston Fun Run.